Friday, January 27, 2006

Rodney Strong Chardonnay Chalk Hill Reserve 2003 Wine Review (NW)

Rich nose of apple and vanilla
Creamy palate and nice texture
Oak finish

This is a very classically-styled California Chardonnay. It has some nice overall qualities and I consider it a good, solid wine. For my taste, it has the creamy texture that I like but I have to be in the mood for this style of Chardonnay. With so many interpretations of this grape from the great Montrachet plots to California, Chile, and Australia, there are endless ways to enjoy Chardonnay. I don't drink a lot of this varietal, but I enjoy it when it's good.

This wine was enjoyed at a restaurant for a business dinner. While I don't know the price paid, it generally runs $30 in the store. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment