Sunday, January 15, 2006

Feudo Arancio Nero D’Avola 2003 wine review by (PB)

This Sicilian is a pretty cherry red wine with a fruity bouquet of fresh cherries and some light berry notes.

In the mouth it sits nicely with an initial candy berry impression. It is tightly wound on opening but holds promise.

With an hour of air, there’s an abundance of dried cherries. It has mouth watering tannins, classic old world style with a very fleeting anise note. This is really quite nice and at the sale price of $8, I will ask (NW) to pick me up some more as I bought this on a recent trip to Boston to visit (NW) and my daughter and grandson. We paired this with Paperadelle e’ Coniglia;[ rabbit with wide noodles] (hand made of course!) Raise a glass–this wine–widely available–makes my recommended wines!

As an interesting point of reference, the Wine Spectator–which usually runs parallel to my taste preferences departed from me here. They gave this wine a so-so 82. I would give this wine an 86, may be even an 87! Check it out and let me know what YOU think. Just remember to let it breathe! Raise a glass!

As a late addendum, the Wine Enthusiast rates this wine 87 and it is thier #38 pick of the top 100 for 1005. Yeah baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment