Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Chateau St. Michelle Riesling 2006 wine review by (PB)


I am in LA at my daughter's house and she is fixing Peruvian stir fry called "Pollo Saltado" tonight which means a lot of spices heavy on the cumin and south of the border flavors like cilantro, and essentially raw onion flavors. Not the eaisest pairing. But I chose this very inexpensive first time wine and had beer standing by if it bombed. (I knew it wouldn't though...)


This wine is barely yellow with a hint of green. The bouquet is fruity with gobs of peach, pear citrus, and apricot all rolled into one fruit compote aroma that is nearly flowery.


The palate is sweet to off dry with light citrus notes with fresh stone fruit flavors. The finish is short and it could use a touch more acid for my liking but for Pete's sake, this wine was $6! It paired fine with the challenging dinner and for the price is decent value to be sure. Raise a glass.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:10 PM

    I bought the same wine for $12! and had it after a linguine dinner. Very tasty, but my daughter, who lives in LA said she can buy the same bottle for $6 - like you did! Dang. :-)

    ReplyDelete