Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Buena Vista Chardonnay "Carneros" 2004 wine review by (PB)


Wine shopping out here in LA is much different than shopping in my home state of Maine. I am amazed at the prices of wine, especially non-California wine. There are bargains galore.


I picked up this very nice Chard from one of the wine super stores called "BevMo." This particular wine has a reference price of $22 which is a pretty average starting point for Carneros chards. I paid $12 for it and it's a winner.


It is lightly golden with green hue sporting a super candied bouquet of rich fruit compote, butter scotch and vanilla with oak here and there.


The palate is buttery and well structured with citrus and vanilla and mixed sweet fruit flavors in a nice package of well rounded acids. The finish is quite lasting. All I can say is raise a glass, and then another.

No comments:

Post a Comment