Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Calera Pinot Noir 2002 Real Time Review via Handheld Device (NW)

Nose of plum and touches of spice
Dry palate with notes of cranberry
Moderate-length finish with woven layers of fruit and herbs

This is my first ever attempt at a real time review from my Blackberry. I'm sitting outdoors on the back patio of Waterzooi, a Belgian bistro in Garden City, NY. Somebody tell me it's actually October 4th!


I have to say, overall, this is a nice, quality wine. It even paired well with a filet of sole and black truffle mashed potatoes.

My prefence for Pinot Noir is a slightly richer and smoother style, but this one was enjoyable with food.

I ordered a half bottle, alone on a business trip. It was reasonably priced at $21.

Raise a glass to real-time, wireless, handheld device wine reviews and blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment