Friday, April 01, 2005

Peter Lehmann Barossa Shiraz 2002 (NW)

Peter Lehmann Barossa Shiraz 2002:
Ripe fruit and a nice richness on the nose
Very smooth on the palate with berries and a little kick of pepper
A silky, buttery quality underlying the fruit
Smooth finish, goes softly but lingers

Too much Australian Shiraz tastes the same- but not this one! This is a really nice wine that I read some commentary on a year ago. Finally, two months ago, I spotted a bottle in a grocery store for $19. I looked it up to find the retail price should be $15-16 and decided to pass on the premium-pricing strategy this supermarket offered. I'm glad I did, because a new first-rate wine shop opened near my home and they offered this Shiraz for $15.90. A terrific bargain of a wine! I could spend much more money and not get wine of this quality. When $16 tastes like $60, I'm reminded to raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment