Sunday, September 13, 2026

"OVZ" Old Vine Zinfandel 2022 (LODI)

Lighter garnet hue with nice aromas of lively almost perfumy sweet red berry, and a berry fruit compote.

Palate--Nice acidity, with expressive foundation, of juicy cherry berry and "sweet" yet not sweet mid-palate that is enchanting. Although it is lighter bodied it is fully expressive of very nice fruit!

I bought this at an out of state liquor store for $11 which is a great price for this *LODI--Oak Ridge Winery--creation. I paid $11 for it and I am glad I bought at least two bottles.  Raise a glass!

*LODI is one of many California AVA's (American Viticultural Area) which are select areas of grape growing that have met certain stringent requirements to get the particular designation. In this instance it means that a certain percentage (usually very high) of the grapes used in the wine-making have to be from this particular location.  NAPA for example is a well known AVA but there are over 200 around the country. Wines from an AVA are reliably "better" than say a label showing just "California."  Generally speaking, means the grapes used in that wine can be from anywhere in California. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.