Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Chateau HYOT Reserve 2022

A surprising brick red at the rim which is premature in my book.  Aromas of dark fruit, 

Palate--Surprisingly bitter front as first impression with soft tannins, rich berries mid palate and a thin construction,with not a lot going on here.  I want to be generous and say perhaps that it needs more time, but I am not seeing more time as helping.

Perhaps my above review explains why I have seen this wine at $45 on line and then again I have seen it at $27 and even less than that. I am pairing this with a charcoal grilled Sirloin and I am hoping that it is better with food (as most Bordeaux wines are.) 

With dinner--this wine is much more friendly but not great even at the $14 price point I found it at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.