Friday, October 28, 2022

Viu Manent Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2019

 

Medium bodied with dark black cherry hue and aromas of dried, dusty, red berries, with a hint of spice and fresh fruit at the rim.

Palate--Big fruit initial expression, young tannins but well structured for the near future, nice berry mid-palate with more fruit on the end.  Finishes well!

I used to "do" chilean wines big time. They are one of the the premier new world producers of wine outside of California in my humble opinion.  This Cab hales from the Colchagua Valley and is very nicely structured.  It has been too long since I last had a Viu Manent wine and I am not sure why. This is a keeper and would be great to have a case to lay down and taste it a couple times a year.  

I paid under $11 for this serious Cabernet and would like to grab several more.  I am pairing it with seared venison and tomorrow being opening day deer in Maine, I'll be looking to refresh my supply of this wonderfully, pure, healthy meat. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment