Friday, February 18, 2022

Il Roccolo Rubicone (NV)


Lighter hued garnet with aromas of slight mentholated hard cherry candies, a perfumy floral edge, with sweet scented body powder. 

Palate--watery texture, steely, red fruit, tart foundation.

My wife brought this home tonight and what is odd is that I find no vintage on the bottle. This is not a typical finding which means the wine is probably a blend of leftover batches(?) of numerous vintages and all thrown together. While it is listed as "Sangiovese" which is the specific grape and that this is an 

*"IGT" wine, it is a marginally drinkable. I think my wife paid perhaps $8 for it which was about $5 too much. I'll let her drink it while I open something else. 


*Indicazione Geografica Typica--IGT-- means the wine meets the requirements of the region in which the wine was produced. Sangiovese--the all star grape of Tuscany, (think--Chianti) can be fantastic when made well. Don't let your experience with this wine put you off from trying many other Tuscan delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment