Thursday, October 23, 2014

Banfi Chianti Classico 2011 wine reivew by (PB)

Purple hue with aromas of sweet spiced apple rings and cherry fruit with cigar box bouquet.

Palate--Slight stewed tomato front with chewy tannins and rigid acidity. Salty foundation with dried cherries underlying it all. Finishes quickly with a touch of pencil lead and rustic lichens.

This inexpensive Chianti Classico from the storied family of Banfi is okay as an informal accompaniment to pizza or tomato based pasta recipes. It is not striking my fancy at the moment however but that's just me.

I think I grabbed this on sale for under $10 when the avg. price seems to be around $13. It's hard to go wrong with Banfi wines so this may not be my preference tonight but its a decent, well made wine so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment