Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Banfi Centine Toscana 2011 wine review by (PB)

Opaquish garnet with aromas of spicy red cherry-berry fruit with a hint of cocoa.

Palate--Mouth watering acidity with edgy, eye opening structure, short lived tart berry flavor and a fleeting finish.

This Tuscan is a blend of 20% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. James Suckling formerly of the Wine Spectator gives this a glowing review and a score of 91 points on a 100 point scale. Having followed Mr. Suckling for years I respect his critiques highly but I am having a hard time seeing what he sees. This is a tasty and certainly a perky wine--what I call eye-opening structure--and in fairness, I will let this air out for a while.

With air my conclusions remain the same. I bought this on sale for around $10 which is certainly fair so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment