Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rosenblum Zinfandel Alexander Valley "Harris Kratka Vineyard" 2006 wine review by (PB)


Deep Purple hue with wild forest floor and blackberry aromas.

*Palate: A little tight but solid Zin flavors of blackberry and spice yet thin in texture.

I don't think I have ever written a marginal review on any of Rosenblum's single vineyard Zins. There's a first time for everything. I obtained this over the internet for $20 which was half price of it's normal selling price. Candidly, Cline's $8 table variety Zin is as good as this price single vineyard. Unusual! Raise a glass of Cline.

*Wine Spectator rated this wine 90 points. I trust their review so I have to conclude this bottle is a fluke (bottle variation? Poor storage?) It had no sign of being corked.

No comments:

Post a Comment