Saturday, May 29, 2010

Maryhill Winemaker's Red 2008 Sponsored Wine Review by Billy


Nose: juicy plum and blueberry nose.
Palate: light and thin palate. dry hay feel tannins at the back. It leaves me feeling "Meh".
Finish: grape and grass stems. soft, thin finish.
Overall:This wine was provided free of charge to The Wine Cask Blog in exchange for a review. I have seen it listed for $10-15. Remember that appreciating wine is enjoying what you personally like. Prices and labels and vintages can never tell you what you like. So you try wines and find what fits YOU. Overall I did not enjoy this wine. It is thin and weak without much body. The juicy berry nose is quite nice and the wine is well put together but it lacks character and definition.

Maryhill Winery in Washington State makes some great wines. I enjoyed their 2006 Sangiovese that I reviewed earlier. This 2008 Winemaker's Red is not in that category in my opinion. Still, raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment