Saturday, May 08, 2010

Chateau Pavie Decesse 1999 Wine review by (PB)


Special weekend at (NW's) and he serves this to me blind. There is slight bricking at the rim and a sweet wild cherry pie aroma that rises from the glass in front of me. On the swirl, there is a slight baked fruit aroma with a hint of cooked asparagus and anise; intriguing...

Palate--Wow! Sooo relaxed with velvety, ripe stewed currant nuances, baked or toasted bread and a load of cherry. I was so wowed I didn't note the finish...

So time of reckoning with my pretending I am a world class wine connoisseur. I tell (NW) it is a 1997-2001 Bordeaux or a Rhone --maybe Chateau Neuf. I confess that it is atypical for Rhone but was also atypical for Bordeaux.

So it turns out I was right on with the age and certainly in the ball park with the region. At any rate, this St. Emilion, Grand Cru Classe--which is Merlot and Cabernet Franc, was wonderful and a real treat!

It will run you anywhere from $60-$120 depending on where you buy it--like I said, it was a special weekend so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment