Thursday, September 05, 2024

Wild Thing 2021 Old Vine Zinfandel (Mendocino County)

 

Dark cherry hue with aromas of big bold black cherry with plenty of 'Zinny" spice.

Palate--Tart first impression with an austere structure, "hot" with watery texture and fleeting Zin fruit.

My wife picked this up while traveling and paid $22 for it. I would not have purchased this wine as I am familiar with it and it isn't a $20 wine... But the love of my life thought she was getting a "treat" for her husband so I will drink it with delight and being reminded (though I don't need a reminder) of why we have been married for over 50 years.  

This will be OK with my grilled bratwurst so it will be a good meal!  For what it's worth, the Wine Enthusiast gave this wine 93 points and a vigorously complex bouquet and palate. I would give it an 86...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment