Monday, September 02, 2024

Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc 2021 (California)

Nearly clear but slight straw hue with aromas of lime, white summer melon, and stones.

Palate--Super minerally first impression a tad "flabby" for my preference, (meaning lacking acidity) nice fruity lime and melon with wet stones, and a clean finish that is quick.

I paid $6 for this marked down from $15 at an out of state liquor store. Geyser Peak is one of the many wines that takes me back in time my early days of wine exploration.  We're talking late 70's...

I live in Maine so on this Labor Day my wife of 51 years took in a portion of the coastline with a spectacular day in Rockland, Camden and Belfast. After coming home I ordered 2 soft shell lobsters, and a pound of steamer clams. They are cooked for you and you just pick them up.  Total cost excluding the wine--$30.  Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment