Tuesday, July 30, 2024

7 Deadly Zins 2020 (Zinfandel)

Garnet hue with a slight opacity and aromas of Blackberry and plum with spice. 

Palate--Decent Zin flavors with spice on the edges, a somewhat mellow or relaxed structure on the palate with lots of nice Zin fruit.

This is a Lodi AVA (Calif.) and I tasted it side by side with another Lodi Zin of which I have drank a ton called "Scotto."  The two were basically indistinguishable from one another. If I had tasted them blind I would have said they were the same wine. 

I bought this last minute from a big box store and paid $12 for it but it was the ONLY Zin they had. The Scotto I get at Trader Joe's and I pay $9 for it so I will be stocking up with even more of my favorite standby Zinfandel.  Raise a galss!

No comments:

Post a Comment