Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Spasso Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2021

Deep dark plum hue with aromas of berry fruit tart, with baking spice Washington State cherries.

Palate--Relaxed structure, almost lazy but not, big spicy front with berry in the middle. 

Hmmm, not sure what to make of this.  First--the label is eye catching and fun! I love Montepulciano D'Abruzzo and maybe its youthfulness is getting in my way.  Not in a bad way, just ambivalent.  I am going to guess the structure of this will make this an exceptional food wine, so I withhold judgement *until I get my charcoal grilled lamb shanks of the grill.  

*My cumin laced grilled lamb shanks was spectacular with this wine!  Or should I say this wine was spectacular with my lamb shanks?  

Whatever; at $9 for this bottle, it was a perfect pairing and made you want more of everything.  So, raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment