Monday, June 24, 2024

Cooperativo Sociale "Primitvo" 2020

 

Purple/garnet hue with aromas of nice sweetish red/purple flowers, violets, with a savory yet sweet spice note overlying it all.

Palate--Decent first impression, with relaxed tannins and structure. Notes of Berry beams down the middle, with nuances that remind of numerous fruity, Italian wines, but honestly not much of *Zinfandel.

I am having this with indoor pan grilled Bratwurst--due to heavy rains, sauteed onions and green peppers on top and it will be great! 

*Primitivo is the genetic "parent" of what we know as Zinfandel. Zinfandel was unique to the United States although S. Africa and Australia now produce Zinfandel as I understand.  I have never seen one however. 

My wife bought this for me for Father's Day and I believe it runs around $16. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment