Sunday, July 09, 2023

Perseverance Rioja Reserva 2018




Cherry hue with what looks like bricking at the rim. Aromas of nice fruit with yeast notes in the background, subtle root beer suggestions, with snappy spices. 

Palate--Cherry/berry front palate with bold structure and loads of mouth watering, sustaining influences for a number of years of improvement. 

I paid $11 for this bargain Rioja ($23) made from 100%Tempranillo (pronounced Tem-pra-NEE-O and is a nice compromise between "Old World--must be aged a decade" and "New World-- at it's prime close to release." It is juicy, classy and will accompany my charcoal grilled prime rib celebrating my wife's and my 50th anniversary. 

Sweetheart--the moment I laid on eyes on you in high school, I knew you were the ONE. "Forever, for always, no matter what!"  Raise a glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment