Saturday, June 10, 2023

Tortoise Creek Zinfandel 2019 (Lodi)

Garnet to ruby hue with light aromas of Zinfandel grape and savor spice.

Palate--Richer than expected, mouth watering acidity, nice blackberry fruit with loads of Zinfandel character. Finishes with a rush of black licorice and a subtle, but lingering finish.

OK--stop everything!  I just stopped at a state liquor store where I love to shop for my wine cellar as they have crazy bargains galore. I snagged this--unknown to me--$6 Zinfandel on special from $15! So I opened it first thing not knowing what to expect except I tend to really appreciate Lodi Zins. Now I wish I had bought a case or two it is that good and an extraordinary buy. If you see one around, grab it.  Even at $15 it is worth a try!  Raise a glass!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment