Saturday, June 10, 2023

Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva 2004


Slightly tinged, w/ bricking at the rim, flowing into a touch of amber with an amazing bouquet of a mature red wine, but with plenty of bright cherries and a touch of black licorice and savory spice accompanied by a touch of dark chocolate. 

Palate--Silky mouthfeel, bright acidity, cherry, spice, gorgeously mature Sangiovese grape with a lip smacking provocation.

I have such a history with this wine.  Was able to purchase it years ago by the case for around $12 a bottle when it was only perhaps 5 years old. It was so good I had to just keep buying more while it was available.  Then I exhausted my supple.  Shoot up to this 2023 and I find one hidden away at my daughter's house who doesn't care for red wine. So, I grabbed it and opened it not expecting it to be as preserved as it was after 19 years. What a spectacular treat and worth the wait. With my daughter's home-made pasta dish it was glorious and we raised a glass til it was gone! 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Note--This aged wine is of course on its way out but still is an amazing quaff that will still give pleasure to the discerning palate. (PB the WCB)

    ReplyDelete