Monday, March 27, 2023

Gaetano D'Aquino Chianti Riserva 2018

Garnet hue with the slightest bricking with nice aromas far from the glass of sweet cherry,  spring bloom daffodils, and dried fruit in the bowl.

Palate--Integrated, well made, classic Chianti, lip smacking tannins and bright acidity. Tuscan terroir with dried cherry nuances, a hint of fresh cherry and spice.

This is a perennial Trader Joe's offering and I used to consume this by the case. I had so much of it, I just got tired of it so it has been quite a few years since I last had one. So I grabbed one this past week. It is as I remembered it! A super value wine, with Tuscan terroir, and just well made.  For a wine of this quality at this price point--$7-- is crazy.  Serve it with italian fare, or any red sauce dish with tomatoes and raise a glass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment