Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Barone Albergotti Toscana Rosso 2015



This lovely 8 year old Tuscan Red wine has a magnificently fresh bouquet that I just kept enjoying without even touching the glass. It pours with slight bricking at the rim with a deep plum hue.  Loads of fresh fruit that has a purity to it I haven't smelled in a long time and unexpected for Sangiovese. Fresh daffodil with a floral bouquet of both flowers and fruit. Very nice!    

Palate-- A polished if subdued first impression but flavors emerge while holding in the mouth. Lovely Sangiovese with Tuscan spcieness, cherry mid palate and a nicely integrated profile with a smoky finish.

I paid $10 for this when it runs around $18 so I grabbed it because it was cheap for a Tuscan with 8 years on it. I am hoping I can get more. Pairing it tonight with a pasta and venison creation in a tomato based sauce.  Should be great so raise a glass!












No comments:

Post a Comment