Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Canoe Ridge "The Explorer" Merlot (Horse Heaven Hills) 2017

 


Dark purple he with distinctive aromas of overly ripe plum, (not a bad thing) and a pronounced "something" which I just cannot put my finger on. I'm not sure I like it though...

Palate--Mouth filling flavor with firm structure, big bold, dark berry mid-palate, expresso at the end. This is a very BIG wine with a lasting finish that is also "warming." 

This is a BIG wine (have ai said that already?) LOL   with a lot of expression and the structure to go for another 10 years.  This is a different kind of Merlot and perhaps the Horse Heaven Hills AVA is the reason. It is big, bold, trying to become balanced and finishes with a lasting berry ending.  If I  have the chance I will buy another and lay it down for a couple years anyway. I believe the longer you give this wine, the better it is going to be!  It prices at $40 but I found it for $15. Nice find so raise a glass! 

No comments:

Post a Comment