Sunday, November 20, 2022

Brotte Bord Elegance "Laudun" 2018

Lighter ruby hue with yeasty aromas out of the bottle, cherry berry, raspberry fruit in the bowl with perfumed fruity bouquet.

Palate--Impressive first impression with a lot of happiness going on: Loads of fruit, with berry pie filling, dried cherry pie filling, and savory spices on the edge. 

This is from "Laudun"in the S.E. region of France and located in the great Cotes Du Rhone appellation  consisting of Grenache and Syrah. It seems to run around $28 but I found it for $14.  Right now I am eating aged Gouda with a sweet *** and it is a very nice pairing.  Later on I will be having left-over savory Prime Rib and I expect it will be quite adequate.   

At $28, definitely raise a glass; at $14 as I paid for it, raise a helf case!  

No comments:

Post a Comment