Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Masciarelli Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2008 Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Spicy plum and cherry on the nose mixed with savory earth and leather aromas

Medium bodied and finely textured

Fresh plum and cherry finish with some herbs

Summary:

All right, here's a great deal. For $10 or less, this is a can't miss wine. It has all the charming earthy qualities you'd expect from an Italian red wine along with a fresh fruit profile and great texture.

I've had great success with Montepulciano d'Abruzzo over the years and it's certainly one of the best red wine values in the world. Interestingly, I ordered this Masciarelli wine because I remember it was good last time I tasted it but it's been quite a few years. I'm really impressed with this estate bottled wine for under $10. Buy a case and make it your "house wine" this year. It will stir conversation with your guests, no doubt.

Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment