Friday, January 06, 2012

Hogue Cellars Genesis "Meritage" 2007 wine review by (PB)


Dark berry laden bouquet contained in a solid black cherry hue. Robust aromas of a mix of dark berries exploding through a slightly tarry, slightly musty veil of tobacco.

Palate--Tough as nails structure with coarse tannins and a bready under layer. At the moment I am ambivalent about this wine. It should definitely breathe a while.

This is a blend from Columbia Valley (Wa.) consisting of Merlot 49%, Cabernet Sauvignon 44%, Malbec 6%, and Cabernet Franc 1%. Admittedly I have been fighting a whopping respiratory infection which might be skewing my taster but this wine, as has often been my experience with these blends of 4 or more grapes tend toward clunkiness. Rather a non-descript drinkable wine but Ican't pin it down.

I'll breathe it a while and see if my opinion changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment