Monday, October 24, 2011

Querceto Chianti Classico Riserva 2001 wine review by (PB)


Dried cherry bouquet, uncomplicated, straightforward. (So why did it baffle me?)

Palate--Dried red fruit, slight licorice, rustic, quick finish.

Served to me blind on a weekend blow by at (NW's) of this blog, this was the second wine in a series of 4 he served. I was stumped when asked what I thought it was and yet reading through my tasting notes, without having seen the wine much less tasting it, just from my notes I would have said Sangiovese! Brain cramp?


At any rate, Querceto in Greve Italy has nothing but GREAT memories as we stayed with (NW) and his wife at Vignamaggio in Greve a few years back. It is a working winery in the heart of Tuscany and the birth place of Mona Lisa. This is the wonder of wine; a liquid in a glass that can evoke memories and special times like they were yesterday. This wine wasn't super but it was a great trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment