Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wente Chardonnay "Morning Fog" 2009 review by (PB)


Crystalline yellow gold hue with aromas of perfumy vanilla, lemon curd and green apple.

Palate--Nicely balanced acid foundation with nice Chard flavors, vanilla touch with a slight spicy presence. I love the finish of this wine leaving lingering fruit and sweet spice.

This Livermore Valley Chard reminds me of a Burgundy Chard I have had--seriously. Half of this wine is barrel aged in French Oak and half is done in stainless. The result is a wine with some complexity and purity that tastes real. I don't often see Wente wines in my area and the reason I grabbed this wine out of sentimental remembrance of one the earliest wines I had when I was just beginning the marvelous exploration in to the world of wine. I am so pleased that it was a GOOD wine and not just sentimentality.

At $12 raise a glass of a value Chard!

No comments:

Post a Comment