Friday, October 16, 2009

Gemtree Vineyards Tadpole Shiraz 2008 wine review by (PB)


Realtime review:
This McLaren Vale Aussie varietal is a dense black cherry hue with more black then cherry. Blueberry pie aromas with fragrant floral notes, celery, sweet candy and even on this un-breathed, too chilly a wine, the bouquet is promising. Loaded with scents, it needs to warm up a bit. While warming, more wonderful aromas rise with rose blossoms with a touch of minty greenness, and eucalyptus. All that's missing is a koala bear... Wow!

Palate--huge, full bodied, weighty, and dense textured. This wine is soft caressing your mouth. There are loads of fruit on a structure that is nicely done. This could have been a 20 megaton fruit bomb but instead is just a pleasing, BIG, tasty wine that doesn't seem to finish. It just keeps going on and on.

Tie me kangaroo down sport! You can find me out by my billabong raising a case of this value treat. $11 has never bought so much wine. Impressive! I will serve it up with some homemade venison chili! Here's to my frogophilic grandson in Minneapolis!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:15 PM

    Which wine goes best with football?

    Thought your readers might find this interesting to ponder:
    http://winepreneur.blogspot.com/2009/10/which-wine-goes-with-football.html

    Best Regards,
    Mike Clifford
    Winepreneur Web
    http://winepreneur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. William8:58 PM

    I'm drinking this wine for the first time as I speak. I totally agree with your tasting notes. I have three massive eucalyptus trees in my back yard (San Fernando valley, CA) that I can observe from where I'm currently squatting. I will look for Koala's and any kangaroo's that need to be tied down.

    ReplyDelete