Thursday, February 02, 2006

Joan Gine Gine Priorat 2000 Wine Review (NW)

Very inviting nose full of soft fruit, vanilla, and white chocolate
Raspberry and cream on the palate
Long finish that is creamy and smooth

This is the best wine I had in the month of January and one of the best red wines under $15 I've ever had! I paid $14 for this, although after doing a little research I saw prices much higher. I'm not sure if it was priced correctly or not.

What makes this wine special is the wonderful array of flavors and the incredibly consistant mouthfeel from start to finish. I didn't know this could be done with Monastrell! The wines of Priorat, a region in Spain, are starting to garner attention and I'm looking forward to exploring these wines. Wow! Riase a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment