Monday, February 06, 2006

Golden Gate Cabernet Sauvignon (NV) wine review by (PB)

I tasted this $2.99 wine blind against a bargain bin $5 Cabernet Sauvignon and picked the $5 wine as the $5 varietal. How? I made the assumption that the bargain bin wine might have some varietal characteristics and the $2.99 wine would not. I was right.

This wine doesn’t taste anything like Cabernet Sauvignon but that does not mean it is not drinkable. It is light on the pour and the bouquet has a pleasant touch of cinnamon on the nose. In the mouth it is sweet with some fruit though shallow short all the way around. It reminds me of a jug wine.

That it is even potable at this price, it’s a good sign. Raise a glass but why waste even a penney on cheap wine? “Life is too short to drink bad wine,” as my pillow says.

No comments:

Post a Comment