Saturday, November 24, 2007

Maison Nicolas Reserve Merlot 2003 wine review by (PB)


This is 100% Merlot and peddled by Sam's Club and elsewhere. Friends dropped this off while I was in the middle of a battle with the flu. I felt better just knowing someone dropped off a bottle of wine for the heck of it.

I have had this name of wine before but not this varietal or year. It's color is aging with purple prune hue and a bouquet of prunes, olives, and ultra ripe plums.

In the mouth the wine has unrelenting tannins which are a bit out of balance; this wine will not get any better and is in fact peaked. Flavors range from slight black pepper with prune notes and a short finish. In all fairness, this wine deserves another review when I my palate is 100%.

Still, for $6 (sale price) you can raise a glass.
(label pictured is basically same except for the name of the varietal)

No comments:

Post a Comment