Saturday, November 10, 2007

Chateau Langoa Barton 1998 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Nose of black cherry, tobacco, and smoke

Smooth texture on the palate, with earthy flavor

Finish glides smoothly through layers of leather, cherry, and earth

While in Florida, I paid a return visit to one of my favorite shops. They always seem to have some older vintages of Bordeaux hanging around in the climate controlled room. I was happy to find this wine, along with some others in the same price range. I happily paid $32 for the bottle, which is roughly the same as the release price seven years ago.

The wine has really well integrated flavors and tastes great. Particularly, the tobacco and smoke notes enhance the complexity and make the wine interesting. Additionally, the texture is smooth and the tannins are relatively soft. I recommend this wine as a well-priced classified growth Bordeaux. Grab it if you see it...and raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment