Thursday, November 22, 2007

Caymus Conundrum 2005 Wine Review by Billy


It's Thanksgiving day. I'm working in the kitchen and the perfect wine to accompany all the baking, tasting, basting, and roasting is this 2005 Caymus Conundrum. The easy drinking white wine hails from California and the conundrum is just what blend of white varietals is actually in here.

Nose: Honey and Pear predominate
Palate: rich off dry palate with enough structure to be refined without getting flabby.
Finish: Smooth green pear skins.

At about $20 this wine is great just for drinking. Today, Thanksgiving day, it is the perfect bottle to have open around the kitchen. To keep it at the right temp in my hot kitchen I have it wrapped in my wine chiller. A great plan, a great wine, a wonderful day!

Give thanks and Raise a Glass!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:56 PM

    One of your best reviews to date!
    I think I will raise a glass!

    ReplyDelete