Monday, August 27, 2007

Willm Gewurztraminer 2005 wine review by (PB)


Another Boston grab at $13 which is really cheap for a Alsatian Gewurz. Opened this (NW) up for the weekend and it is full of apricots in the nose with a wonderful spicy underlay.

The mouth is sweet which in my experience is a bit unusual for Alsace (pronounced All-sos) and has intriguing flavors and complexity. To heighten the wonder of this wine, is the smoky touch in the finish. If you are familiar with this blog, you know my affinity for Gewurztraminers and this one is a honey. At this price, raise several glasses

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:05 PM

    where can I find this wine???

    I want to try it now

    email me and let me know

    matt.moonroxxx1@gmail.com

    thanks
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opened a copy of the 2006 edition last night. Remarkable value. Highly recommended - providing you like sweet. Plenty of acid, so balance is good. Explosive, delicious and intriguing aromatics. I woke up hours later and could still smell the stuff. Really. Truly - great value.
    See the complete menu for the evening if you like in today's posting here: http://noshstalgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete