Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bonterra Mendocino County Chardonnay 2005 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Nose of pear, fig, and some chalky minerals
Lively citrus on the palate
Apricot and lemon finish

There is such a wide variety of Chardonnay styles on the market today. This one is more of the crisp, bright style than the round, buttery style. It has very nice fruit layers and an underlying backbone of minerals.

Bonterra prides itself on delicious, organically-produced wines. They produce a nice line-up priced in the teens. I paid $13 for this bottle and often see it for that price when I'm in stores. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favorite wines come from Mendocino County. I was up there a couple of years ago (I'm from Boston) and was greatly impressed by the wines out there. Been searching for Mendocino County wines ever since!

    ReplyDelete