Sunday, March 25, 2007

Goosecross Cellars Napa Valley Sparkling Rose NV Real-time Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Rich, red color for a rose
Cranberry and strawberry on the nose
Lively, acidic core on the palate, with grapefruit tones
Big strawberry on the finish, with a lingering flavor of roses

As rose bubblies go, this one packs a punch with color and flavor. It's relatively intense in every way. The color is particularly eye-catching, and the flavors range from grapefruit to roses.

I've had two small glasses so far tonight, and I've enjoyed the wine. It hasn't paired particularly well with the appetizers, but I didn't have any prior experience with it in order to make a proper pairing. Also, this was a gift, so I wasn't sure what the reference price was until I checked the Goosecross website. After a little research, it turns out the wine is priced at $35.

If you're looking for an interesting bubbly out of Napa Valley, this wine is a lot of fun. Make sure to enjoy it with family or friends! And raise a glass!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I purchased the same Sparkling from and loved it. Paired very well with recipes offered by Goosecross at (The recipes are apparently prepared by Colleen Topper who is one of the owners).

I called the winery to order a case of this Sparkling Rosé and they had a promotion running at $20 per bottle for their Wine Club Members... so I joined the Club to sample their other varietals.

So far, I have been very impressed with their 2006 Sauvignon Blanc, 2004 Howell Mountain Cabernet, and 2005 Chardonnay.

Funny thing; I tried to order more of the 2004 Howell Mountain Cabernet and I was told that it was sent as a "teaser" (not sure if those were their exact words but that's what my take away understanding was) and I could only purchase the 2003. I never tried the 2003 Howell Mountain Cabernet but I decided to wait for the official release of the 2004 because it was one of the biggest Cab's I had ever had.