Saturday, May 21, 2005

Chateau Ste. Michelle Gewurztraminer 2003 (PB)

This Washington State varietal has a slight golden hue on the pour with a big green apple bouquet with a touch of peach and a very light citrus background. In the mouth it is richer than many Gewurtz’s I am used to with a creamy texture and a rigid acid base which will make it easier to pair with food. (I tend to like Gewurztraminer all by itself with a good chill on it) but this one will be paired with the all American dish called “macaroni and cheese.”

The finish on this wine is creamy and lasting leaving the mouth a bit tingly. I paid $10 for this wine on sale from $12. For the record, this was a better made wine than most Gewurtz’s we’ve had but my wife liked it the least. I’ve said it before and I’m saying it again, the bottom line is what YOU like! I’ll be raising a glass of this again, later on.

(It was so-so with macaroni and cheese...”)

No comments:

Post a Comment