Purple/ruby hue with *aromas of black licorice, black cherry, with rustic delicate undertones.
Palate--First impression is a bit course, with sharp acidity pushing forth with tightly wound tannins muting the black cherry wanting to burst out.
When I opened this bottle the first aromas hitting the nose was "mildew" at which I recoiled since that is most often a sign of "**cork taint" which is dreaded by every winery and which gave rise to the adoption of screw cap bottles. This however is NOT cork taint but another rather enigmatic phenomenon called "bottle stink!" The difference between "cork taint" and bottle stink is that bottle stink is very fleeting and is gone in a matter of just a few swirls of the wine in a glass. A wine that is "*corked" is dead on arrival and should be dumped. It won't hurt you but it is just nasty to drink.
I have had cases and cases of Chianti's from this great producer. Having tasted this wine in its home of origin will stay with me til I die. There are several levels of productions from Querceto and each one is a great value. This isn't one of their best by far but at ***$10--which is what I paid for it-- it will go great with grilled burgers to anything tomato based to pizza so raise a glass!
***I see this listed at $20 and beyond. THIS wine I am drinking is NOT worth that but at $10....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.