Saturday, October 12, 2024

Casa Santos Lima Reserva 2015


Intense inky, black hue with aromas that come flowing out of the bottle with the extraction of the cork.  A bouquet of sophisticated and complex fruit nuances with perfumy, dark berry fruit full of mixed spices that
defy pinning down, a range of aromas that are seriously amazing I just want to keep sniffing this bottle.

Palate--The intensity of the hue carries though with a commensurate intensity of gargantuan mature fruit as a first impression with seductive complexities galore and again are confusing my senses! Raspberry and blueberry, blackberry trifle all in balance and begging for another quaff. Surprisingly, with all that is going on it has an unusually quick finish although there is a lingering subtle melange of wild berries at the very end. Dang!

I grabbed this at my fave wine store which is out of state sadly... If I had paid the list price of $26 for this I would NOT have been disappointed!  Tragically I bought only 1 bottle.  :( 

This is a blend of Syrah and some of the indigenous grapes of Portugal. It is AMAZING and here again the Wine Enthusiast misses the mark.  They tend to shoot to high on their reviews in recent years, but this one they amazingly really down played it giving it a mere 91 points.  I am being a bit facetious because 91 points out of 100 is a nice score but this wine deserves something special. I would give this wine 94 points. 

Despite its 9 years of age it will be drinking well for another 5-10 years so raise a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment