Friday, February 16, 2024

Corvo Colomba Platino "Insolia" 2019


 Lighter golden hue with aromas of sweet citrusy vanila with pineapple and green apple.        

Palate--Tart first impression with mouth watering acidity, everything in the bouquet is present in the mouth. It's a tropical paradise of slightly tightly wound fruit but definite and delicious. 

Insolia is the signature white grape of Sicily and has a great reputation and now I know why.

Here's the "get a grip factor:"  This was $6 at a state liquor store I frequent when I am in the vicinity and they get massive buying power super good buys. I have made the 4 hour round trip several times just to go to these wine stores. Did mention they also have no sales tax so that is another 5.5% savings from what I would pay in my state if I could even them which I can't. So even with roughly $16 in tolls, gas and the time, it is still worth while making the trip. I was not familiar with this wine and I like it and will be pairing it with my wife's stir fry and it will be lovely so Raise a Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment