Monday, January 15, 2024

Coppola Zinfandel (Red Label) 2021

 

Young purple/garnet hue with aromas of subdued fruit, subdued spice, adn berry.

Palate-- Spicy sweet first impression, coarse profile, angular, fleeting finish.  It is thin, watery, no character--certainly not Zinfandel.

*This is surprisingly bad. I have been to the gorgeous Coppola winery, I have had some of their "higher" end productions and they are a competent, and well known producer in Napa. This particular Zin is their "table wine" (meaning bottom of the barrel) offering for the masses at $13. I do not often totally dis a wine taking everything into consideration but this one should be avoided.

*After checking what other reviewers said about this wine, I am dismayed by their generous assessment. I stand by mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment