Friday, September 01, 2023

Torre Zambra Montepulciano D'Abruzzo 2017



Very nice dark, garnet with intensity, aromas of beautiful seet red and dark berries above the rim, the slightest suggestion of mint, and savory spices.

Palate--Full bodied, delicious berry flavors in balance with savory spices and a ristic note.  The finish lingers for a good while with surprising heft.

I reviewed this wine just a couple months ago and I don't remember it this way but I know I liked it.  

Here is my quote from my initial review--"I'll reserve my assessment for another bottle which I have laid down for a bit. Even at $9 the jury is still out."  Well I LOVE this wine and it is absolutely the 92 points Mr. Suckling gave it when he reviewed it.  I paid $9 for it and will grab more if I have the chance.  Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment