Monday, August 04, 2014

Beaulieu Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Rutherford (Napa Valley) 2006 wine review by (PB)

Sturdy magenta hue with slight opacity:

Aromas--Fresh ripe berry rising from the glass; black berry, and mint with twinges of black licorice, an under layer that is subtle but awesome cherry cream with dark fruit with rustic berries and a touch of cinnamon at the edges.

Palate--Mature tannic foundation, with big black berry fruit with touches of extracted ripe plum, a bit of smokey oak and a finish of more fruit.

I saw this in a local roadside produce shop for $25. Knowing that it would be difficult for me to find anything like this in my parts and knowing the price was a great value, I grabbed it. If you can find it expect to pay more like $35. Glad I grabbed it; this is solid Napa and typical of BV Cabernet. At this price point, I may have to grab the other one I think I saw. I will pair it with charcoal grilled Delmonico steaks. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment