Friday, May 02, 2014

Marques De Caceres Riserva 2008 wine review by (PB)

Ruby hue with aromas of sweet spices, dill, and caraway brimming with light red fruit.

Palate--Rather unremarkable light black cherry fruit with a touch of spice and a touch of bitters with a fairly quick finish. Nice foundation that is both supple and vibrant. *Loads of plummy fruit with nuances of tar.

I really had higher expectations for this reserve Tempranillo from a reliable and noted producer. Instead I got an average red wine. Can't remember what I paid but I believe it was on sale for around the $17 price point. It's OK but that's about it.

Two full days later--I poured the remainder from the fridge; It had take that much time to open and it was a much fuller, bigger, wine than when opened. I would upgrade this to "Raise a glass!" But make sure you aerate this and breathe it as long as you can before quaffing!

No comments:

Post a Comment