Sunday, August 04, 2013

Bogle Essential Red 2010 wine review by (PB)

Deep garnet hue with bouquet of mixed spicy dark berries, sweet red fruit,touch of vanilla cream.
Palate--Soft structure, solid rich berry flavor with a subtle suggestion of chocolate.

This is a blend of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon,Syrah and Petite Sirah and comes off as more of a haphazard confused hodge podge of fruit. In spite of that, it is made in the popular style and would probably be enjoyed by most people. I just find it a bit overworked, tired and boring. As I scanned some of the other reviews on line it seems I am right about it being liked by most people. So, I'm not being a wine snob, I am being discriminating. When you've drank 1000s of wines you tend to learn a few things about style, repetition and what some call a sense of "place."

This is a wine made to cater to the palate of the vast majority of wine drinkers. That's not a bad thing. I'm just saying that if you want a tasty red wine that goes down easy this is a good wine. If you want a wine of real style and character, this is not it. At $11.50 you decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment