Saturday, May 11, 2013

Zenato Pinot Grigio 2011 wine review by (PB)

Apple and pear with citrus and slight melony notes in the bouquet.

Palate--Wild acidity with substantial apple and lemon flavors; note-- the acidity i this wine may leave your tongue bleeding. (I love acidic whites but holy cow...)Short and fleeting finish.

I have been focusing on Pinot Grigio this year following the lead of (NW's)wisdom in focusing on a particular grape each year. I wasn't eager to do so because my limited experience with the grape is generally lack luster and blah. This Italian from Delle Venezie is a good example of what I mean.

I paid $13 on sale from $15 and I paid about $8 too much. I thus far found only one Pinot Grigio (Murphy Goode)worth a second look and found it for $8 on sale.

In fairness, it should be noted that I focus on the lower end price point seeing that is what most people drink so don't write of the grape--yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment